According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were more than 600,000 under-eye filler treatments performed in the United States last year. This number marks a 7% increase over the previous year and demonstrates the growing popularity of this minimally invasive procedure. It’s no wonder why so many men and women in Miami, FL, are turning to this treatment for a youthful and refreshed look. With just one session, you can achieve dramatic results without having to go through surgery or recovery time.
Advantages of Under Eye Filler
Under-eye filler can bring out the best features of your face while also improving the overall look and feel of your skin. There are a variety of benefits to this procedure that make it a great choice for anyone considering enhancing their beauty.
- Under-eye filler can reduce the appearance of dark circles and wrinkles in the under-eye area with just one session.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers, which are used in this treatment, are a natural substance found in the body and are safe for use.
- Dermal fillers help to plump up areas affected by aging, restoring youthful volume and reducing signs of fatigue.
- The effects of under-eye filler typically last about 6 months before needing touch-ups.
- This treatment is minimally invasive and offers quick yet effective results without surgery or downtime.
Types of Under-Eye Fillers Used
Under-eye filler is a popular treatment for reducing the hollow, dark circles under your eyes. In Miami, Florida, various types of filler are used depending on a patient’s desired result and condition.
Hyaluronic Acid-Based Filler
Injectable fillers, such as hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler injections, are a popular form of under-eye filler used in Miami, FL, to help reduce the appearance of dark circles and wrinkles. The injectable filler is made up of a natural substance found in the body and helps to plump up areas affected by aging, restoring youthful volume and reducing signs of fatigue. Additionally, it can also help to fill in fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother, more even complexion. Injectable fillers offer quick yet effective results without surgery or downtime.
Calcium Hydroxyapatite Fillers
Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers are another type of under-eye filler used to reduce the appearance of eye hollows and dark circles. This type of dermal filler is made up of a natural mineral found in the body and helps to plump up areas beneath the eyes, reducing bags and restoring youthful volume. Additionally, it can also help to fill in fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother complexion. Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers offer an effective way to reduce the appearance of eye hollows and dark circles without surgery or downtime.
Poly-L-lactic Acid Fillers
Poly-L-lactic acid fillers are a type of dermal filler used to reduce the appearance of eye circles. This type of filler is made up of biodegradable material and helps to plump up areas beneath the eyes, restoring youthful volume and reducing signs of fatigue. Additionally, it can also help to stimulate collagen production and improve skin elasticity for a smoother, more even complexion. Poly-L-lactic acid fillers offer an effective way to reduce the appearance of eye circles without surgery or downtime.
Collagen stimulators are a type of cosmetic procedure used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles in the under-eye area. The treatment works by stimulating collagen production, which helps to plump up areas affected by aging, restoring youthful volume and reducing signs of fatigue. Additionally, it can also help to improve skin elasticity for a smoother, more even complexion. Collagen stimulators offer an effective way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles without surgery or downtime.
Potential Side Effects of Under Eye Filler
Under-eye filler is a popular and safe procedure for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles, and hollows beneath the eyes. When performed by experienced plastic surgeons, under-eye fillers can be used to correct volume loss in the delicate area around the eyes without causing any serious side effects.
The most common and minimal side effects of under-eye fillers include temporary swelling, bruising, redness, itching, and mild allergic reactions. However, these side effects usually subside within a few days to a week after treatment.
Costs Associated with Under Eye Filler
Eye filler cost in Miami, FL, can vary depending on the type of filler used and the experience level of your provider. It is important to note that many providers offer package deals that can reduce the overall cost of treatment, so be sure to ask your provider about any available discounts or specials.
Precautions to Take Before Under Eye Filler Treatment
Under-eye filler treatments are becoming very popular with people seeking to reduce signs of aging. However, there are some important precautions and considerations that should be taken before getting treatment.
- Consult with a board-certified physician to ensure you are a good candidate for the treatment.
- Ask your provider about their experience level and any before and after photos they may have of previous patients.
- Make sure you understand all the risks and potential side effects associated with under-eye filler treatments.
- Avoid taking pain medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen prior to your appointment, as these can increase bleeding.
- Let your doctor know if you’ve recently had any injections or surgeries in the treated area.
- Wear sunscreen and protective clothing following your treatment to reduce the risk of sunburn or damage to the area.
Recovery Period After Under-Eye Filler Treatment
It’s important to understand the recovery period after treatment before deciding if this is the right course for you. Knowing what to expect can help you plan ahead and ensure that your results are everything you hoped for.
- Normal Activities: After an under-eye filler treatment, you may experience some swelling and bruising in the treated area. To reduce discomfort, refrain from strenuous activities or exercise for a few days following your appointment.
- Eye Cream: Use a gentle eye cream for the first week after treatment to keep the skin hydrated and reduce any potential irritation.
- Ice Packs: Apply cold compresses or ice packs on the affected area several times daily to reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon: Always consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon prior to having any cosmetic procedure done, including under-eye filler treatments.
Results You Can Expect from Under Eye Filler
Realistic expectations after under-eye filler treatment include the production of collagen, which helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles, and hollows beneath the eyes. This can give you a more youthful look by filling in and smoothing out these areas. Results are usually visible immediately after treatment and can last for up to one year or longer, depending on the type of filler used.
Under-eye Fillers FAQs
Because the under-eye area isn’t very mobile, tear trough filler can last up to two years. That’s a very long time considering that other dermal injections, like lip fillers, only last 6 to 8 months at most.
The price varies depending on the type of filler used, the number of syringes needed, and the qualifications and expertise of the provider.
Dr. Bustillo prefers the Restylane filler for the under-eye area because it is a hydrophobic filler, meaning that it doesn’t absorb water. This limits the swelling and provides a more natural look. Depending on your anatomy, Dr. Bustillo may also use a cannula to limit bruising.
Yes, in the hands of an experienced provider, tear trough filler can be a safe and effective solution for restoring volume to the under-eye area.
When administered by an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Bustillo, tear trough fillers are mostly safe and rarely have side effects. That being said, there are always risks involved with any procedure that involves piercing the skin with a needle. These may include:
– Skin discoloration
– Vascular occlusion
– Allergic reactions to the filler material
– Swelling around the eye
– Unsatisfactory results
If you live near Miami, FL, Dr. Andres Bustillo offers tear trough fillers among its services and is conveniently located at 6705 Red Rd #602, Miami, FL 33143.
The injections are applied under local anesthesia, so they shouldn’t cause any pain. You may feel mild discomfort for a day or two after the procedure, which can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain medications and cold compresses.
Yes, under-eye fillers can be dissolved with a substance called hyaluronidase. If you have had a tear trough filler treatment that went wrong, Dr. Bustillo can help. Call our Miami office at 305-317-1960 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bustillo or click here to request a consultation online.
Why Choose plastic surgeon Dr. Bustillo?
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor for more than 10 years
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at The New York University
- Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery Residency at The University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- General Surgery Internship at The University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital